[Special Summer Sale] 40% OFF All Magento 2 Themes

Cart

Add a button to the admin view of a woocommerce product that links to a custom webhook with the product ID appended to the end

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Hoang
    Keymaster

I have a woocommerce store and I have created a function in functions.php to include a button to the simple-product page if you are signed in as an administrator. This function works great and the button shows nicely with whatever i specify as the href working.

add_action( 'woocommerce_before_single_product_summary', 'product_visibility_button', 5 );
    function product_visibility_button() {

if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
            global $product;
            $id = $product->get_id();
            $user = wp_get_current_user();
            if ( in_array( 'administrator', (array) $user->roles ) ) {
                echo '<div>';
                echo '<a href="https://activepieces.myurl.co.uk/api/v1/webhooks/Bf8utHihs67830sOhkq41v?id=" class="button" style="margin:10px">Publish To Facebook</a>';
                echo '</div>';
            }
        }
    }

As you can see, the aim of this button will be to call a webhook for my ActivePieces instance and I need to append the product ID of whatever product I am on, to the end of the href url after the ‘=’ so that I can parse the product ID into the flow I have created.

I am relatively new to php and woocommerce, could anyone please assist and break it down for me so I can learn while I am going?

I have tried calling various global and wc_get hooks but cannot seem to get this to work.

David Hoang
    Keymaster

Each product in WooCommerce is represented by a WC_Product object, and you can use its methods to get the product ID.

add_action( ‘woocommerce_before_single_product_summary’, ‘product_visibility_button’, 5 );
    function product_visibility_button() {

if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
            global $product;
            $id = $product->get_id(); 
            $user = wp_get_current_user();
            if ( in_array( 'administrator', (array) $user->roles ) ) {

$href = "https://activepieces.myurl.co.uk/api/v1/webhooks/Bf8utHihs67830sOhkq41v?id=" . $id;

echo '<div>';
                echo '<a href="' . esc_url( $href ) . '" class="button" style="margin:10px">Publish To Facebook</a>';
                echo '</div>';
            }
        }
    }

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.